Maarten De Wispelaere is a Belgium based Photographer & IT Consultant currently working as a Senior ICT Engineer at Apertoso NV.
His passion for photography took off during his honeymoon in Cuba. When he came back in Belgium, he signed up for multiple photography courses and bought his first DSLR, the Canon 30D. Since that moment, thousands of pictures have been taken.
Little time after buying his DSLR, Maarten started his first photoblog (blog.bitprocessor.be), back in February 2007. This blog was active until September 2012 and hosted over 300 pictures. The last image that was originally posted on this website was “Crossing the line“, originally never intended to be the last image, although the title might suggest otherwise. These images, among more recent posts, can now be seen in the “Blog” section of this website.
Awards / Mentions
- “Veteran” was voted Noteworthy at Photo Friday, June 27, 2013 – Dad
- “The Empire State Building” was voted Noteworthy at Photo Friday, May 30, 2013 – Metropolis
- “Seeking refreshment” was voted Noteworthy at Photo Friday, May 16, 2013 – Temperature
- “Come fly with me…” was voted Noteworthy at Photo Friday, Mar 21, 2013 – Machines
- “Bench at dusk” was voted Noteworthy at Photo Friday, February 7th, 2013 – Shadow
- “Climbing to the ceiling” was voted Noteworthy at Photo Friday, October 4th, 2012 – Texture
- Finalist at The 2007 Photoblog Awards – Best New Photoblog (blog.bitprocessor.be)