Chatting by the tree
For this image I wanted to create and old-style b&w picture…
- Take a picture with a scenery that looks old (on all possible levels :) )
- Open Adobe Lightroom and convert to b&w
- Make some different versions with snapshots, so you can compare the results
- Pick a version that looks old (try to remember some real old b&w pictures) and, this is important, take a contrast rich version (I know, not really like old b&w, but hold on…)
- Save to psd, and open the image in Photoshop
- Go to : Filter -> Artistic -> Film grain
- I choose the default settings, which gives a nice old style grain
- Remember I said to pick a contract rich picture ? The film grain effect softens your image, that’s why !
What do you guys think about it ? Does it feel like a picture that could be taken ages ago ?
- Aperture: ƒ/10
- Camera: Canon EOS 30D
- Focal length: 18mm
- ISO: 200
- Shutter speed: 1/320s